>> Procedure for submitting an article:
* The newspaper building is located at Role Play Central (rpc).
enter the building you will see a bulletin board.
* Go ahead and 'write' your story. If you decide you don't
want to write
one, hit .abort and forget about it. Otherwise page 'newspaper'
us that you wrote one when you finish pasting it in.
* An alternative to this is to page #mail newspaper with your
email it to email@example.com
* We will edit it and tell you where you can look at it to make sure
it wasn't mangled. You can then p #mail the editor involved saying
that it is ok. Otherwise, suggest changes that should be made. If you
trust the editors feel free to put something to the effect that you
pre-approve the editing in your rough draft.
* That's it! It'll appear in the paper!
>> Guidelines for writing articles:
When writing articles for the paper...
* Try and do some proofreading before submission. That means
However, if you're no good at that sort of stuff, just send it as-is and the
editors will try their best.
* No articles whose sole purpose is to flame someone. You can
use the SpinDizzy BB for
* Please strive for accuracy. If they have time, the editors may
check up on some of the quotes and perhaps the basic facts of the article.
Otherwise, it is assumed you did your best to write an accurate article.
If this is abused and inaccurate things are complained about, stricter rules
may be put in place.
* Submitting your article anytime on Friday evening through the normal
publishing date (Saturday night) will usually waive your right to review the
edited version because of time constraints. You will be contacted and
informed but if you cannot get on before the publishing deadline to check
your article it will be published regardless UNLESS you specify otherwise.
* The editors' decisions are final. This is not a wiz ran paper
so do not
complain to them. We can be reached by paging 'newspaper'.
* Just about anything is published, so be creative! It can be IC
RL topics, RPs that occurred around the MUCK, or most other things you can
think of. You have creative license when it comes to documenting RPs,
feel free to expound on the action, etc. If you aren't sure if a story
acceptable, page 'newspaper' and find out! :)
* The AUP applies, so keep language and content acceptable.