October 20, 2002
Argon -- Editor
Please don't forget to read the bulletin board. Enter +read from
Horror And Fear To Ooze Across SpinDizzy
What is more fearsome than Guests with no clue, Players with no class, or a burr in your hair where you can't quite reach? The Annual SpinDizzy Halloween Party of course!
This year, the party is to be held on the Isle of Boki. Although not usually scary, unless you've just polished your car, Boki's dark side will be revealed this Saturday, October 26th. Boki, local Gull, and Flutterz, local Flower Fae Pirate Wanna-be, have joined forces to organize what could well be the most horrifying event SpinDizzy has ever seen. And that's just watching them agree on who should wear the hat!
The party is scheduled to start at 7pm (Muck Time) on Saturday, and run until there are no survivors...er, until after the party is over that is. The party can be reached on the 26th by entering Boo which will take you to the Isle of Boki. (Just as Rose takes you to the Rose Garden)
If you would like to aid, assist, offer ideas, or help bury bodies afterwards, contact Boki or Flutterz. And be ready to be SCARED TO DEATH! MUHAHAHAHAHA.....!
Snails Delay Meal
News reports received by @Action News tell of an invasion of Snails at an airport in Italy. Although the report gave few details, @Action News' crack team of reporters have found additional information that make it seem that there is more to this story than meets the eye. Airport spokesperson, Mr. Vito Corleone VII refused comment except to remark that, "Dat prolbem done been fixed, fuggetaboudit!" Our reporter was shown the door.
Although the news report indicates that the entire airport was shut down, and that fire hoses were used to clear the runway, further research revealed that the Snails only caused problems on one runway, delaying the take off of one jet. The jet, a chartered flight of Italian escargot Chefs on it's way to Diet Smith's palatial estate to participate in a cooking competition, was forced to turn back to the terminal. At this point, steam rollers were brought out to the runway to 'pate' the problem to rest. Only the Snails near the edge of the pavement survived, and no comment has been recieved from them. The delay in the Escargot Chefs' flight caused them to encounter foul weather, which caused the cancellation of the competition. Slug, local Snail, commented, "Bwa ha ha! It's all a part of my plan!... I think."
The courage of the Italian Snails is reminicent of that shown by Frogs in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, who after learning of a local resturaunt that was serving Frog's Legs, swarmed together to put a stop to this barbarous act. Led by two Frogs in little wheeled wagons, they, unfortunately, invaded a local Animal Shelter instead of 'Billy Bob's Road Kill Bar and Grill' next door. Some have compared this act by the Frogs, to the movie Frogs (Click twice to return, forwarding page between this one and that.), however no other species were involved.
A somewhat associated, but not really relevant cartoon concerning Slugs can be seen here.
The Iron Fluff's recipes for diners who are poor but bored
with basic bland food.
- Take a jar or can of spaghetti sauce. Add salsa to taste -- mild gives you more of a green pepper taste.
- Chop up cooked chicken or turkey and mix into sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles or over a split loaf of Italian bread.
- Save the heels of your bread by putting them in thefreezer until you have about ten slices or more. Leave the wrappers only loosely closed -- you want them to dry out.
- Take half an onion per person and chop, then saute them until a light gold. If you like green pepper, add some of that and saute it with the onions.
- Break the heels into crumbs, chopping them finely.
- Take an amount of ground beef. I usually use half a pound per person.
- Put it in a bowl.
- Add about half that much bread crumbs.
- Add the onions.
- Add one egg per person.
- I usually have some ramen noodle flavor packets around. Add one per two people, or Worchestershire sauce or soy sauce. This adds salt to the meat and bread mix.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into patties, two per person.
- Depending on the fat content of the ground beef, you might have to use some butter/margarine or spray oil on the frying pan.
- Cook as long as you would normally cook burgers.
- Use a fork to spread catsup on the meatloaves, and let them cook a little longer.
Serve with mashed potatoes, or as sandwiches.
Variations on a grilled cheese
Basic grilled cheese is two slices of American cheese between two slices of bread, with the outsides buttered and toasted on a frying surface. (I use a square flat aluminum frying pan that holds four slices of bread, hereafter called a 'grill'.) You might want to bring the cheese up to room temperature first -- less chance of scorching the bread while waiting for the cheese to melt.
- You can, of course change the cheeses you are using. I love Swiss myself.
- Spread mustard, catsup, or barbeque sauce on the inside of the bread.
- Put salsa between the slices of cheese. (Careful with the amounts -- It will squirt out if you put too much in and squish it.)
- Lunchmeat, especially a sausage like pepperoni or salami. You might want to put the meat on the grill first to warm it up before putting it between the cheese.
- Tomatoes are good, but slice them thin and put them next to the bread, to get them warmed up.
- The dedicated sandwich experimenter will discover the joy of dipping the sandwich into scrambled raw egg and then cooking it on the grill.
- The lazy one will throw slices of bread into the toaster, put cheese between them, and melt the cheese in the microwave.
If you are using the microwave, you can try chopping up the cheese and mixing tuna with it. This is a little loose for the grill, but if you want to use the
broiler in your oven, it can have nice results.
Centaur Talk Leads To Equine Puns
Last Sunday in the Rose Garden, Equine, Horse and other puns took Centaur stage as the conversation turned to plays upon terms associated with these species. Although no one complained about the quality of the jokes, the group not being of the sort to look a gift Horse in the mouth, a number of terms were ridden roughshod over to come up with the jokes. Although a few of the jokes were of dubious quality, that's a Horse of a different color. Remember, these jokes didn't come straight from the Horse's mouth.
Denise might be having connection problems to this muck..
Argon says, "My connection seems to be pretty stable. For a change."
Argon had troubles with Squirrels.
Austin says, "Is that a pun?"
Carlos parseltongues, "Heh! Argon said 'stable'..."
Argon says, "A stable connection in the stable."
Denise hmms.. and think it has 'stable'ized. :)
Austin says, "That's what we get for all this horsing around."
Drake says, "I thought no horseplay was allowed in the garden. :)"
Argon says, "We aren't doing Shakespeare."
Kinsor skriters, "What, are you accusing us of foal play?"
Argon says, "No, mare-ly stating a fact."
PatchO'Black slowly falls over. flop
Austin says, "And after that burst of unbridled enthusiasm..."
Drake says, "Neigh! Not more horse humor, Austin. :)"
Austin says, "Are you trying to dressage me down?"
Kinsor skriters, "No, he's giving you the horsehair brush."
Argon says, "He's telling you to hoof it?"
Kinsor skriters, "He's asking for us to shoe along."
Argon says, "He wouldn't saddle us with that."
PatchO'Black mews, "Bed time I think."
Austin says, "No, no, Patchy, your line was 'time to hit the hay.'"
Argon says, "Laters Patch."
Kinsor skriters, "Good neigh-t!"
PatchO'Black mews, "I'll wait for the re-write, Austin."
PatchO'Black is glommed down and swept away by a plastic hippopotamus mouth.
PatchO'Black has left.
Austin says, "Whoa is we."
Kinsor skriters, "I had to put my two horse cents in."
Argon says, "Better put in a quarter horse."
Drake says, "Prices just keep going up, don't they? :)"
Tarka says, "Nope... just try and sell a ford Pinto and see how much prices have gone up.
Austin says, "Why would Ford want to buy a pinto?"
Kinsor skriters, "Actually, Argon's cold must be improving...he only seems half as horse today."
Argon can't help but groan at that one.
Tarka grins and likes that one...
Austin says, "His colt's better? Wait until Mavra finds out..."
Tarka says, "Argon is cool!"
Argon's been taking Halls Mentho-Lipizzaners.
Austin says, "There's always somebody to stirrup trouble."
Kinsor skriters, "Lets not quibble over issues... what we NEED to look at is the mane problem."
Tarka gets clippers... and clips the mane into a buzz cut and signs the lion up for the millitary.
Tarka says, "problem taken care of."
Kinsor skriters, "They make you lion up all the time."
Austin says, "It's a point of pride, with them."
Argon says, "Well, you can lead a Horse to water but you can't make him drink."
Gilead chirps, "But you can hook him up to a forced sub-Q drip of lactated Ringer's."
Kinsor skriters, "And with some racing stripes, and spiked hair, you can make your horseradish.."
Argon guesses that conversation has been put out to pasture.
Austin says, "We've pretty much swept it up, eh?"
Kinsor skriters, "It was a long tail, but a short story."
Argon says, "Well, on that note I think I'll head for the barn."
Argon says, "Laters."
Amusment Park Help Wanted!
Some of the furs of Spindizzy would like to open an amusement park! It would be a place for all the furs to come and get together, go on rides, and just have fun. However, in order to get this idea off the ground, we need some help from all the furs of Spindizzy.
Our first order of business is location. Alicia suggested we use Spengo, the moon of Spindizzy, for our site. Spengo can be visited by going to the Rose Garden, and typing Spengo . If any other furs have a suggestion, please let me, Adara know. Any ideas are valid.
Secondly, we need suggestions for the types of rides to have, ride names, food stands,and of course, a name for the park!.
Thirdly, we need BUILDERS! MaxSkunk had an excellent idea for the rides, using a program that would put text on the screen throughout the "ride" describing what happens until you get off. More builders (and their ideas) are needed though, and would be greatly appreciated.
Finally, I thought that maybe we should charge Spindizzy money to either enter the park or usde rides, and pay for food. Since we have the money cheat, we wouldn't be keeping furs away from the park because of money.
So please, even if you can't build well, we still need some help coming up with ideas. If you have any ideas whatsoever, or if you just want to give your opinion on the amusement park idea, just drop me, Adara, a line, or find me on Spindizzy and chat with me.
This week, Argon asked folks, "I'm doing a survey to be published in @Action News. The question is, 'If you had a Doctorate, what would you be a Doctor of?'
- Flutterz daren't say it. It's too obvious. =)
- Austin says, "Mathematics."
- Gilead chirps, "Well, Aquatic Sciences, or Horrible Puns. Maybe I'd have two advanced degrees. :-)"
- Skyler says, "20th Century cartoon diplomacy. With a lime rind."
- Cye says, "Macroism! :)"
- MaxSkunk would be the Doctor of mint skunks that can juggle!
- Rick -- My Doctorate would be on Railroads, Argon, that is what I know and that is what my Doctorate would be about.
- Findra -- Umm ... If I -had- a doctorate? *giggle* Actually I do. It's in accoustic pattern recognition techniques for identifying individual groups of wild dolphins. Findra Bunny, Doctor of Dolphins!"
- Adara -- In response to your survey, I would be a doctor of Muckology. Of course, I would have to CREATE the field of Muckology first....
- Butterfluff is a generic doctor of philosphy.
- Tanuki barks, "I probably could have done some kind of Master's program in music school if I could have afforded it"
- Rhea hehs. "Ask me again in a decade or so, Argon."
- CalicoHeart mews, "*Issac Hayes voice* I would be the Doctor of LOOOOOOOOOOVE, baby... (Hey, I'm a Care Bear Cousin! What did you expect?)"
- Kinsor -- I would suppose it would a honorary doctorate of fruitbatology!
- GrumpyBear grumbles, "I'd be a doctor of misery."
- Sunni says, "A doctor of hugs"
- Hobbes says, "Argon: doctorate of ..er... archaelogy and history"
- Carlos says, "I guess I'd like to be wanting to be Dr. Seuss
- Slug ponders the survey for a moment, then answers, "I'm Doctor Love!"
- Jabari answers for Argon, "Surveys."
- Terry chirps, "Whatever was cheapest?"
- Shoe says, "My answer to the survey is nothing :D"
The Doze Garden
|@Action News Info
Guidelines and Procedures for Submitting Articles
Submitting a story or artwork for @Action News is easy! Just send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or qmail or page Argon about it.
@Action News is published weekly on or after 12:01 AM Eastern Time on Sunday. Most any type of story or article will be accepted. Generally, we'd prefer things that aren't out and out lies or flames about other folks, and have a basis in the reality of SpinDizzy. Things that occur in public areas are fair game. The things reported don't have to have actually happened, (any more than anything that happens here does) but make sure you don't overstep the social boundaries and rules of interaction that we have. These are pretty broad guidelines, but we expect good sense to apply.
Thanks! Argon, Editor @Action News