>> Procedure for
submitting an article:
* The newspaper building is located at Role Play
Central (rpc). When you
enter the building you will see a bulletin board.
* Go ahead and 'write' your story. If you
decide you don't want to write
one, hit .abort and forget about it. Otherwise page
us that you wrote one when you finish pasting it in.
* An alternative to this is to page #mail newspaper
with your story OR
email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
* We will edit it and tell you where you can look at it
to make sure it wasn't mangled. You can then p #mail the
editor involved saying that it is ok. Otherwise, suggest
changes that should be made. If you trust the editors feel free to
put something to the effect that you pre-approve the editing in your
* That's it! It'll appear in the paper!
>> Guidelines for writing articles:
When writing articles for the paper...
* Try and do some proofreading before submission.
That means spell check!
However, if you're no good at that sort of stuff, just send it
as-is and the
editors will try their best.
* No articles whose sole purpose is to flame
someone. You can use the SpinDizzy BB for
* Please strive for accuracy. If they have time,
the editors may check up on some of the quotes and perhaps the basic
facts of the article. Otherwise, it is assumed you did your
best to write an accurate article. If this is abused and
inaccurate things are complained about, stricter rules may be put in
* Submitting your article anytime on Friday evening through the
normal publishing date (Saturday night) will usually waive your
right to review the edited version because of time
constraints. You will be contacted and informed but if you
cannot get on before the publishing deadline to check your article
it will be published regardless UNLESS you specify otherwise.
* The editors' decisions are final. This is not a
wiz ran paper so do not
complain to them. We can be reached by paging
* Just about anything is published, so be creative!
It can be IC views on
RL topics, RPs that occurred around the MUCK, or most other
things you can
think of. You have creative license when it comes to
documenting RPs, so
feel free to expound on the action, etc. If you aren't
sure if a story is
acceptable, page 'newspaper' and find out! :)
* The AUP applies, so keep language and content